As I’m writing this, the last hours of 2011 are finally winding down. Although I believe personal milestones are much more meaningful than artificial timelines (although we’ve made another circle around the sun! That’s pretty cool), dates help keep us in check with numbers.
Before 2012 begins, I’d like to record down my resolutions. Since this is a style blog, why not fashion resolutions? That has an interesting ring to it.
- After purchasing a non-final sale item, keep the tags on for at least two days. This is simple and painless. This way the item is already in your hands – no one else can touch it, but you’re still free to return it anytime. I can’t tell you how many times I wished I kept the tags on, only to have my impatience cost me in the long run.
- Stop going to H&M. Even if it’s everyone else’s savior, if you can’t see yourself wearing it/loving it, it’s not for you. Simple as that. In my case, clothes from H&M just never feel luxurious enough for me, and unflattering on my figure. It’s not my fault bloggers always brag about what they find there, and I can’t help but check it out myself too!
- Ditto for Zara and Forever 21.
- If the damned dress doesn’t fit today, it probably won’t fit two months from now. The fact that it was $495 won’t motivate me to get in shape.
- Realize that every fashion “rule” is meant to be broken.
Thank you for reading my blog, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!